The world’s leading professionals rely on the accuracy of PMC’s designs every day to create much of the music and sound you hear. You can rest assured that what you hear from a PMC speaker is identical to the version approved by the artist themselves containing all the passion, feeling and musicality they intended you to experience.
What they offer above a standard speaker?
- They are extremely detailed and sound natural - As if the musicians are with you in the room
- The sound they produce covers a massive area, so wherever you sit you still hear everything
Full, rich sound at any volume
- You can listen at low level and still hear bass - Ideal for low level or late night listening
- All the components are tried and tested in the professional world
Ease of drive
- They are efficient and therefore can be driven by the vast majority of good quality amplifiers
Ideal for surround
- They all have an identical tonal balance and can be mixed and matched to create the ultimate surround sound system
Easy to position
- They sound superb in a vast array of rooms, large and small
- They are made in England by hand, by nice people who care, and love audio
- You have joined the long list of world famous music makers and recording studios using PMC’s technology -
see our long list of key clients key clients
PMC’s unique (Advanced Transmission Line) enclosures have taken loudspeaker design to the highest level, using sophisticated cabinet construction, proprietary drive units, and patented absorption materials and techniques. The benefits are enormous compared to the relatively simple sealed and ported designs currently available elsewhere.
PMC’s innovative approach places the bass driver near one end of a long tunnel (the Advanced Transmission Line). This tunnel is heavily damped with acoustic material specified carefully to absorb the upper bass and higher frequencies radiating from the rear of the bass driver. The lowest frequencies are allowed to pass down the line and emerge from the large vent in the same polarity as the driver’s frontal radiation, the vent acting essentially as a second bass driver.
An important benefit of the approach is that the air pressure inside the cabinet, loading the bass driver, is maintained. This helps to control the driver over a wide frequency range and significantly reduces LF distortion. Consequently, the upper bass and midrange detail is not masked by harmonic distortion and the result is PMC’s characteristically transparent midrange, fast, attacking bass and outstanding clarity.
A further advantage is greater bass extension and loudness than a ported or sealed design of a similar size, even if similar drivers were used. Moreover, the very consistent bass driver loading brings the welcome benefit that the frequency response remains consistent regardless of listening level, and analytical auditioning can be conducted without the need for high replay volumes to achieve optimal bass response – a unique and very valuable characteristic.
‘No other bass loading technology provides such resolution and tonal accuracy at all volume levels’